Thursday, March 1, 2012

What Are We Here For??!

I wrote this post in 2009 and i'm amazed at how much God has revealed to me over the past 3 years. As I stated then, If you give God an inch of desire for him, he will truly reveal himself to you. Thank you Lord!

I was feeling the pen this morning so I decided to record my thoughts. It may just provide encouragement to you....


The responsibility is not one that should be taken lightly, but often times it is. You realize that your life has purpose and you are here to fulfill that purpose but you take the responsibility as a hobby rather than as a full time job. You feel the constant voice of God calling you closer to him but you’re not ready to yield the that voice because you’re afraid of having to give up the worldly things that to you have become so comfortable. There is a war going on in your spirit and you know that the spirit of God within you will win, but at what cost?


God is always blessing me, I’m not worthy, I don’t do anything to deserve the blessings but because of his grace and mercy he continues to show me where he will take me if I will completely surrender to him and become a kingdom builder. God doesn’t bless us so that we can sit on our blessings; rather he places people in our lives that he wants to bless through us. He wants people to come into the knowledge of him through us, he wants people to be encouraged through us, he wants people to be financially blessed through us, he wants people to obtain jobs through us, he wants people to have healthcare through us, the list goes on. Whatever your spiritual gifts are is what God wants you to use to do his work and ultimately to build his kingdom. Many of us don’t mind using our gifts to give honor to God, the problem comes in with exemplifying him in our actions. Living a life that allows people to see Christ in us should be our first responsibility. We are called to show people the love of Christ, which means that even when people make us mad, or even when our fleshly desires warrant sin, we should strive to honor God with our lives.

Is this easy?!?! Not at all! But at some point, I began to feel selfish. Selfish because God wants to bless so many people through me but he is limited by me. If I am not in constant communication with God (my power source) I cannot fulfill my purpose. Sin separates us from God, the more we sin, the easier it becomes to sin, and the further we become from Christ. God doesn’t push us away but we simply unplug from the source of power. Without that power, tackling life issues become very difficult and giving God our all is nearly impossible.

When I spend more time with God, I feel secure and confident, this is not to say that life is always great, but God gives us the power to overcome any challenges. At some point, we have to be transformed by the renewing of our spirit. We have to give up the desires to fit in to the world, we have to give up the need to be popular, we have to give up the need to please people, we even have to give up sinful desires. We are here for a greater calling; we can bless people in a way that could transform their lives, we can touch people in a way that can save their lives. That’s what it’s all about!! You go to school to get an education….yes you get other things while you are there, social activities, fun, stress, and drama but the main purpose is education. The same is true with life, the main purpose is to serve God, build his kingdom, bring people into the knowledge of Christ, but while we are here we’ll have fun, family, friends, stresses, love, careers but we have to keep our eyes on the prize. So, I encourage all to challenge yourself to discover the purpose that God had in mind when he created you (we all have one) and get to work and I will be praying that we all succeed. Every day we wake is an opportunity for us to serve God.

I’m not completely there yet but every day that I seek the face of God, it gets easier. Most importantly is the desire, if we give God an inch, he will take a mile. Pray, seek God, and your desires will begin to change from your will to God’s will. From the bottom of my heart, I hope that if you are reading this, God speaks to you and I pray that you are blessed and that you use your life to glorify God and because of that you are glorified in this life and on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment