Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Position: Tactical Unit

We all have our opinions about who we are but in terms of fulfilling our God given purpose, the only opinion that matters is the one of The Creator. Aside from The Word  there is only one way to gain deeper insight into what God thinks about you and that is to simply ask him; hence the reason for this article.

Let me preface this by saying that God speaks so clearly when we seek him with sincere motives. Sometimes the answers are surprising and other times exactly what you expected. I am continually seeking God to deposit the characteristics that should be while deleting the ones that do not represent the woman that God has purposed me to become. After all, obedience is better than sacrifice.

Last week while driving with no music I heard a still voice say “tactical unit” (of course I ignored the first time). Later during the week I mentioned to some friends that I felt like I was a one woman tactical unit but I couldn’t quite explain why I felt that way. I later mentioned it to another friend with a bit more clarity. From that conversation God clarified and confirmed what He was saying to me and about me.

First let’s evaluate the role of a tactical team: An organization of troops, aircraft, and ships that are intended to serve as a single unit in combat (fighting between armed forces). It may include service units required for its direct support.

The scripture that God gave me to clarify what he was speaking was Ephesians 6:10-20 (bible readers this is the passage about putting on the whole armor of God). I wasn’t initially able to connect that scripture with God telling me that I was a tactical unit but after I made the connection (with the help of my sister- thanks Tam!) I realized what a powerful word God had provided!

Eph 6:10-12

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, and against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

As Christians who are saved and freed from the bondage of sin and eternal death by the blood of Jesus Christ we are commissioned to help free other people. Right? Right! Join me in a visual…

I am in a tactical unit helicopter looking atop a house. In the house, there is a family (a mother, father and two teenage kids). Also in the house are enemies, the problem is…the family doesn’t yet realize that they are enemies. As far as the family is concerned, the enemies in their home are friends. They hang out together, they break bread together, they work together, they go to school together, they have some of the same friends, etc. These “frienamies” (enemies in the form of friends) also have weapons and unbeknown to the family, their sole purpose is to deceive the members of this household and ultimately kill them. As I look over the top of the home I am clear about my purpose. I am dressed in my combat suit (boots, bulletproof vest, helmet, machine gun, etc.) and my task is simply to help this family to see the danger and get them safely outside of the house where their combat suit and weapons are waiting so that they can defend themselves. Do you see where I’m going with this? Keep reading.

This is the exact visual that God gave me and after intertwining it with Ephesians 6:10-20, it was crystal clear what God was saying. As Christians we are constantly walking amongst people who are in serious danger, however, the danger is not physical (although sometimes having physical manifestations) but rather spiritual. We are constantly in spiritual warfare and the enemy’s job is to deceive, steal, kill and destroy. Unfortunately we often get distracted because rather than viewing life with our spiritual eyes, it is soooo easy to view life through our natural eyes. We even make friends with the Satan. Perhaps we think that maybe…just MAYBE…that he is NOT trying to kill us.

Now let’s be real, we are not always dressed in combat gear for one reason or another. Some days we just aren’t feeling it and other days we think we don’t need it and can do it on our own, and sometimes as crazy as it sounds, we make underhanded deals with the enemy. The problem is, each time we are not completely suited up, is an opportunity that we gave to Satan to kill and destroy his target. We are on the tactical unit and the unit is headed by Christ. Our combat should consist of Truth, Righteousness, Peace, Faith, Salvation, The Holy Spirit, and Love. Our weapon is more powerful than physical weapons; our weapon is The World of God! One thing is for sure, God is NOT asking us to do this out of our own strength, He would rather we not! God wants us to COMPLETELY rely on Him to prepare us for battle and to see us through to victory. Honestly, the victory is already won; we just have to be obedient!

Let’s get in position, fully dressed, and ready for war; knowing that the battle is not ours, but it belongs to the Lord! Be encouraged and Be in Position!

With Love,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment