Thursday, March 1, 2012

Trust the Faithful

I wrote this note in 2009 and it's still relevant in 2012!

Faith is an area in which many Christians struggle. God has personally been working with me in the area of trusting him. In an era in which the devil is very busy in not only the world but in our very community, it is easy to think that God has forgotten about you, people dying left and right, bad economy, everybody is broke, bills due and no money...I could go on. But oh how sweet it is to trust in Jesus, just to take him at his word, just to rest upon his promise, just to know thus says the Lord (The lyrics to my favorite hymn). In 2009 when the economy is getting progressively worse, I can still have confidence in my God, knowing that even when Wall Street needs a bailout, he is still MY provider! Statistics suggest that only 2 of every 10 black women will get married because blacks don't marry anymore...I can still have confidence to know that God has hand picked my husband and he's preparing us for eachother. Even though friends suggest that you may as well do what everybody else is doing because black men aren't about anything...you have to remember that God PROMISED to give us the desires of our heart according to his will. Even though sometimes the devil will try to manipulate our minds to believe that the non-believers are more prosperous than the believers, they still MUST stand before judgement day!! God is good, I have yet to find anyone as trustworthy as Jesus...he NEVER fails! My point, don't be swayed to believed that God has forgotten about you, if you haven't received what you've been praying for, evaluate it to see if it falls in line with the will of God and if you can even handle the release that you are praying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment