Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Testimony

So, as Christians, it is good for us to share our testimony with others for them to benefit. It is also good for us to constantly remind ourselves of our own testimonies to keep remain humble and keep things in prospective. This particular one isn't recently but very much alive in my heart. I hope you find comfort in the fact that God knows, he cares, and he will carry you through the process of healing. James 1:2-8


Jesus, The Ultimate Healer

When I was young I was diagnosed with a auto immune disease that the doctors said would claim my life by the age of 12, I was ALWAYS in the hospital and always missing school. I was put on a steroid that depleted the calcium out of my bones and caused me to break my bones often (so not only did I have weak muscles but I also had weak bones, lol). After the doctors saw that I wasn't going to die when they expected, they then said that I'd never walk again. I went on to be on the track team in high school and the marching band and I am still here to share my testimony. I was released from my neurologist just before I went to college and the disease that I was told that I would suffer with for the rest of my life is completely gone. My hospital even sent my family and me on a trip through the "Give the kids the world" program, the program is meant to grant children their last wish before they die. I say all that to say that God is truly awesome and powerful! Whatever we ask in his name according to his will, he will provide.

We are created for a purpose and until that purpose is fulfilled, we are here to stay. The thing that we must do in tune in to discover what that purpose is and get to work! And if you can't see the long term, bring it down to the day. Everyday we wake up, there is a purpose for us. It may be to bless someone financially, it may be to give someone an encouraging word or smile and it may just be to listen to God for your next assignment. The more time we spend with God, the more clear our purpose becomes. I am forever thankful and when I begin to think to highly of myself and my own abilities, I remember when I was at my most vulnerable state and could do nothing for myself, if it were not for God, I would have been in my little grave a lonnnnng time ago. Be encouraged!

Kris

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so encouraging. Thanks for sharing your testimony and allowing God to use you. You are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading Sequoyah! I am glad that you found encouragement in the testimony that God gave me. That makes it all worth it! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete